Monday, March 3, 2014

The miracle of life!

 


This one is about my daughter Jennifer when she was born.

She was born 3 months early and was barely 2 pounds and quickly lost down to a little over one pound. She was born around 2pm and the docs didn't expect her to live more then an hour or two at the most. I KNEW she would. My mother who had died 6 years earlier had had a dream of her before she died. My mom told me that the Lord had shown her her grandchildren because she wouldn't live to see them. (I was pregnant with my second child then- Michael and she died a week after he was born.) She told me she saw 3 children, a toddler and a tiny baby girl. Then she saw the same five children together again only much older. She said that people would think the baby wasn't going to live but that I mustn't worry because she would live and be just fine.

At the time of her birth though I didn't remember my mom telling me that. But I still knew she would live. I had to literally fight and threaten the doctors just to get them to let me see her. They finally did and she was so tiny...just a miracle to see her even! Later that night, about midnight, they woke me up saying she was going to die so I went to see her. They said she needed a blood transfusion by she wasn't my blood type and my husband was long gone-he'd abandoned us for another woman. They were just going to let her die because they said that she wouldn't live long enough for them to order the blood and get it up to the NICU in time even if they had the blood in stock. They also said that even if they got a perfect match, that unless the donor was her father it was unlikely that it would work because her little body would reject it.

I threw a very loud fit so they went ahead and ordered it. I kissed my baby good night and went back to bed. The next morning her nurse told me about a miracle that had occurred while I slept. They had ordered the blood but the hospital didn't have that type and neither did the other area hospitals. Just as they were about to give up a man walked into the lab off the street. (Remember, by now it was about 1am in the morning!) And no the man wasn't drunk! When they asked how they could help him, he said he didn't need help but had come to donate the blood they needed for the baby. He was the right blood type!!! He gave the nurse his name and all that info and gave the blood. After they'd processed the blood and sent it up, they then attempted to find out how the man had known they needed the blood. They had assumed he came from one of the other area hospitals, so they called them all back. No, none of them had ever heard of him and didn't recognize his description and the address he gave didn't exist LOL. So they had no idea who he was, how he knew, or where he came from!

They gave Jenn the transfusion and her body didn't reject it at all! They were totally amazed! When her nurse told me all of that, I cried and smiled at the same time and told her that I was sure I knew where the man came from and how he knew. He was an angel sent by God to save my daughter's life!  Here's a picture of my baby today, with her family!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on this so we can encourage and share with each other..