Monday, March 3, 2014

Miracles of Protection

I remember when Bruce and I got married, I think he always thought it was amusing when I'd mention that the Lord told me to do something or get something or whatever. I didn't say it very often, just once in awhile, but I think that he thought it was all in my head at first LOL. But the longer we were together and the more he saw the Lord answer my prayers and saw that every single time I said that the Lord said something, it was always 100% correct. What really changed his opinion was one day on the way home from work, the Lord impressed me strongly that I needed to pray hard for Bruce's protection from Satan and evil. Now that NEVER happens! I do not believe that Satan is waiting behind every bush to attack us. But it was so very strong, and it was His voice, so I stopped (I was walking) and prayed and kept praying till I felt it lift. I didn't really entirely stop praying even then. I just kept at it whenever I had a second. I had a class to go to that night and Bruce dropped me off and went to get some coffee at a 7-11 store. He'd noticed me praying and I'd told him what the Lord had said and told him to be careful. I wasn't at all worried though as I felt it was in the Lord's hands and I'd done as I was told. Well he started to pull in the store and in his words, "something stopped him". He couldn't see anything as that part was in shadows, but there was a man with a stroller standing nearby with another guy, talking. He was just about to continue forward, when all of a sudden the man screamed out something and he saw a flash of movement in front of his truck toward the pavement. It was the little one...maybe 2 years old.... the father hadn't been paying attention and the baby had climbed out of the stroller and was in the parking lot! Bruce would have hit her if the Lord or His angels hadn't stopped him! Needless to say, Bruce broke out in a cold sweat remembering my words to him. He got to the baby before the father did and handed her safely to him, thanking the Lord! He never doubted me again! And a few years later, I enjoyed watching as he learned to discern the Lord's voice for himself. Now that was really cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on this so we can encourage and share with each other..