Monday, March 3, 2014

Have you experienced God's arranging things just right for you?

The world usually calls it "luck" or "serendipity", but we know better.I thought it would be fun and enlightening to share stories of how He's done that at different times for each of us.

So I'll share one of the earliest memories I have of this happening:

I remember my first time really seeing it. It was when my mom was dying and she still lived on her own at home. I really wanted her to come live with me but she was stubborn. So while I fretted about how in the world I was going to take care of her, because she really couldn't be left alone at all and needed someone with her 24/7, God went ahead and arranged it LOL. First a couple of old friends of hers who lived several hours away came to visit and stayed with her a week. The day they left, I picked up my dad and took him to her house to stay with her. He arrived at her house on hour after the friends had left! He stayed for two weeks and when he left, another friend of hers came up for a week to stay with her and they also arrived within an hour of when my dad left! Finally an Uncle and Aunt came and stayed for the last week and by then we'd all convinced her to come and stay with me so when they left we brought her and her hospital bed to my house. She died within that week. But I never would have thought of calling those people and neither had my mom. They all called her and none of them had any particular dates in mind either, they simply showed up when they could but God arranged it so she was never alone! Since then I've seen Him do things like that over and over. He's so very good to us!







 
I can look back now and see many times the Lord has arranged things just perfectly for me, and how He's been ready for me at other times, "just in case".  Like with my husband. . It's amazing to me how a man from NH who pretty much has always lived right here, managed to travel to each of the states I lived in as a young adult. We could very well have met in any of them, but we didn't. I think the reason we didn't was because neither of us was ready yet. We were both stubbornly following our own ways instead of His. But, He was ready for us, "just in case" lol Then he moved me all the way across the US to NH where I would meet him when we were both finally ready to be vessels for Him as well as for each other.
 
So how have you experienced God's arranging things just right for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on this so we can encourage and share with each other..