Friday, September 3, 2021

Miracle upon Miracle

 



Since Bruce's motorcycle accident, we've had many miracles, the first being that he wasn't dead. That may sound like I'm just saying that, but the EMT's and doctors all expected him to be dead and when he wasn't they expected him to die. (and he had lots of doctors!) They did many tests because they couldn't believe the results, which said there wasn't anything major wrong with him. All he had was some broken bones and minor fractures, and one minor puncture wound. The worst thing to Bruce was all the horrible bruising. His whole body on the right side was totally black from bruises. They wouldn't believe him either that he wasn't in a lot of pain, so drugged him up unnecessarily. They thought he'd need to go into a nursing home but of course he didn't. He was fine. He just needed time to heal.

Of course, without an income while he was recovering, we should have had a great deal of trouble paying our bills. Some friends donated a total of $350 between May and June which helped, but was honestly only enough to pay one bill. We'd been through this before when he had a heart attack, but I wasn't worried. I knew the Lord got us through that, and would get us through this too. But I had no idea He would use such an unusual way of doing it! I managed to pay all our bills for May, partly because of the donations, and partly because I get $776 a month disability and because Bruce got one pay check that first week. (they hold back a week when you first start there). Where the rest of the money for our bills came from, I never have figured out, but it was there so I paid them.

Then came June and we got some help from the state with food stamps so I could use money I normally would spend on food for bills. Bruce's company was giving him a check for $40 each week to make sure his insurance stayed in effect, so we had that. Those things helped, although not enough to pay our bills. But somehow God managed to pay all our bills for that month by the end of the month, and they were all paid on time.

Then came July and I had the shock of my life. Bruce had started back to work, but wasn't working full time and missed more than he went at first. But at least it helped. Normally when I get my check and Bruce gets his first check for the month, we have enough money to pay our 3 biggest bills with some left over for food. We have NEVER, EVER been able to pay more than that the first week of the month. And Bruce wasn't yet working full time even! But the first week of July, I paid those 3 bills and we still had so much left over that I saw I could pay the next biggest bill, our propane, $229, so I paid that. I looked, and we still had enough to pay the electric another $200, so I did. Every time I looked, we had plenty of money left for food and for bills as well, so I just kept right on paying them. We have a total of 10 bills for every month and by the time I was done, I'd paid every single one and still had plenty left for food! I must have gone over my register and the bank account 3 or 4 times rechecking it because it was just so impossible, but every time it balanced and was right.  Since things we're often tight paying our bills when Bruce was making over $400 a week, what he was getting now that he was working part time didn't make much difference! It certainly didn't enable us to pay those bills! But God did!  The only way I can explain it is that it was like He multiplied the money. Each time I went to pay a bill, there would be enough for that bill and some food, then afterward, when I'd look again, there'd be still more, more then enough to pay another bill, and so on. So the bottom line is that in the first week of June, I paid all our bills for the whole month and had plenty for food!

The same thing happened in August, and I paid all our bills the first week of the month. Since my daughter's husband had been laid off, we now had plenty of money to help her with, because we didn't need any of it from the rest of Bruce's checks for that month! We basically gave her everything for the rest of the month, knowing that's why the Lord had blessed us as He did.

When I went to pay the bills for September, I only paid the first three plus one other as I wanted to make sure we had plenty for my daughter if she needed it, and she did. Again the Lord came through for us all!  What an awesome God we serve!!!!  If I ever worry about anything again for the rest of my life, someone should slap me!  And last night her husband got word that he'd been hired and starts on Monday, so they will once again have an income.  Bless You Gracious Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on this so we can encourage and share with each other..